Friday 9 May 2008

Presentation vs. Perception-Part I

One big problem that many people have is that they worry about what people think about them and how they look. While we should care about how we look, we shouldn't do it for others sakes, but for our own. We can't control how people perceive us. We can however, control how we present ourselves. So what we should do when we leave the house, is to make sure we present ourselves well. As long as we do this, and feel good about how we look, that's what matters.

I know you all know what I mean. When you leave the house dressed in sweats, a ball cap, no make up, and feeling like crap, you think "Oh, that lady was staring at me. I'll bet she noticed the sweat stains on the armpits of my t-shirt." But, when you go out to dinner with your husband or girlfriends, and you have your nice top, best jeans, and heels on and have spent time putting on your make-up, fixing your hair, etc...you look in the mirror and say, "I look good!" And I don't care who you are, you HAVE said that when you looked in the mirror at one time or another! You carry yourself differently, you feel differently, you don't think about what people think about you (or if you think someone is looking at you, you think, "She is jealous of how fabulous I look!"). No, I'm not saying to get dressed up everywhere you go! But take the time to present yourself well...it will change the way you carry yourself, and feel about yourself.

Perception...out of our control...presentation...IN CONTROL!

0 comments: